What is Revanesse® Versa™?
There are so many dermal fillers that it can become difficult to decide on which one to get. At Glo & Spa-rkle MedSpa, one of the fillers we use is Revanesse® Versa™. This is one of the best, effective and safest dermal fillers. Like most dermal fillers, Revanesse® Versa™ is made up of hyaluronic acid, a naturally synthesized substance in our bodies. Hyaluronic acid is a chain of sugars produced naturally in the body to aid with skin hydration by binding to water.
Revanesse® Versa™ is unique in that it is a homogenous smooth and easy flowing filler that is created by the state-of-the-art wet milling technology and a proprietary formula. This results in uniform, smooth, and perfectly spherical tiny filler particles. This ensures that once injected, it feels smooth, uniform, balanced and natural, with no associated “lumps and bumps” feel. Revanesse® Versa™ was designed to treat cheeks, lips, nasolabial folds and can be used in most areas of the face. It works by adding volume and restoring hydration.
Are Fillers Right for Me?
The natural aging process can change our physical appearance and self-esteem. For example, as we age loss of facial volume is normal due to loss of collagen and elastin in skin, loss of fat and atrophy of facial muscles and erosive loss of the facial bones. Furthermore, with aging, there is decreased natural body production of hyaluronic acid, which leads to decrease skin hydration. All these aging changes lead to:
- Facial lines
- Sagging skin
A number of aesthetic treatments can be done to replenish moisture and restore lost collagen to tighten skin, but dermal fillers can certainly do the trick with filling up gaps and spaces left by the above aging-related loses of different components of the facial structure. Revanesse® Versa™ is injected with a smooth microneedle to areas of moderate to severe lines and creases leading them to plump up and become better contoured.
Common issues that can be fixed with fillers like Revanesse® Versa™ include:
- Cheekbones seem deflated
- Lacking volume along cheeks and under eyes
- Harsh lip lines
- Wanting to restore symmetry in facial features
- Droopy brow line
- Sagging skin around the mouth or nose
- Deep nasolabial folds (laugh lines)
At Glo & Spa-rkle MedSpa, we will offer you an individualized consultation to determine your unique aesthetics goals and if fillers are right for you. Generally, we do not recommend Revanesse® Versa™ for anyone pregnant or breastfeeding or with:
- Visible scars at the treatment site
- A history of allergic reactions
- Acne or other inflammatory diseases of the skin like:
What make Revanesse® Versa™ unique?
Due to the unique processing and manufacturing process, Revanesse® Versa™ is associated with:
- Less swelling-some studies have shown up to 24% less swelling with Revanesse Versa compared to other dermal filler treatments.
- Longevity. There will be improvement of your nasolabial folds (laugh lines) or up to 12 months.
- Better injection safety.
- Excellent results with different skin types.
- Great immediate results.
Injection depth: Injection is done into the mid to deep dermis for correction of moderate to more severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as laugh lines.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity. Hyaluronic acid diminishes as we age, causing skin to lose volume while increasing the chances for wrinkles and folds to appear. This is in addition to others age-related chances under the skin including thinning of the fat pads, loss of collagen, elastin and connective tissues, thinning of the muscles and bone loss by osteoporosis.
Dermal fillers like Restylene are artificially modified hyaluronic acid that are used to replace the diminished natural hyaluronic acid, and therefore restore skin volume and hydration. For all these fillers, volume restoration is achieved by the filler itself as well as attracting water to itself for additional plumbing effect.
Here at Glo & Spa-rkle Aesthetics and Medspa, we offer a variety of fillers including Restylene and Revanesse products. Restylene fillers include Restylane® Lyft, Restylene Kysse, Restylene Defyne and Contour among others. The Restylane family of products are indicated for patients over the age of 21. Below is a description of what each is used for:
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine: This is a hyaluronic acid filler FDA -approved to treat your face and hands. Restylane® Lyft is used to restore lost volume in the deep layers of the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the nose-to-lip lines (nasolabial folds), adding volume to the cheeks for augmentation and for the correction of age-related loss of volume in the middle-of-face contour. Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is also used to add volume to the back of the hands to correct volume loss.
- Restylene Kysse: Lips lose volume, color, and elasticity with age. Restylene Kysse is a lip filler that adds volume, smooths upper lip lines for up to one year, and enhances lip color; therefore it is used for lip volume augmentation and for correction of wrinkles on the upper lip around the mouth (upper perioral wrinkles/smoker’s lines)
- Restylane® Defyne: As we age, our skin loses its elasticity. This leads to line that run along the sides of the face and mouth (nasolabial folds and marionette lines) to become more pronounced as well as the chin to recede so far back toward the neck that it creates imbalance of the facial features.Restylane® Defyne is used to correct these issues with the main indications being for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane® Defyne helps smooth out deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines) as well as enhance chin projection, therefore restoring a more youthful, natural appearance while maintaining your natural expressions and movements.
- Restylane® Contourfor cheek augmentation and for the correction of midface contour deficiencies.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are facial injection treatments used to help diminish wrinkles while restoring volume and fullness in the face and hands. There are several types of dermal fillers, one being hyaluronic acid. All Restylane products are transparent hyaluronic acids, which are sugars naturally found in the skin that help provide hydration, fullness and elasticity.
What is the cost of fillers?
There are several factors that figure into how much treatment will cost, including:
- Number of treatment sessions needed
- Amount of Restylane product used per session
- Degree of necessary correction determined by you and your specialist
- Specialist fees
- Discounts and special offers
- Geographic market
Since injection costs will vary from person to person, the best way to determine projected costs is to discuss with one of our providers at Glo & Spa-rkle Aesthetics and Medical Spa during your free consultation.
How long does it take for dermal fillers to work?
Depending on your volume needs, most Restylane treatment appointments last less than an hour and begin to work almost immediately by adding volume to smooth away wrinkles. A clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid, Restylane products act like your body’s own hyaluronic acid (and eventually break down naturally).
Are there any side effects of fillers like Restylene?
After your treatment, you may experience side effects, such as swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site and impaired hand function. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14-18 days in lips. Patients should be limited to 6.0 mL per treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. For treatment of volume deficit in the hands, patients should be limited to 3.0 mL per hand per treatment. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
What is the Procedure Like?
The dermal filler injection procedure is straightforward. It involves a few tiny injections directly into the skin and takes 30 minutes or less.
Results vary depending on:
- Your skin type and quality
- The severity of the problem being treated.
- The specific location being treated
Most patients see results instantly with improvement over the course of 2-4 weeks after treatment and may last up to 9-18 months. At Glo & Spa-rkle MedSpa, we will review the procedure, what to expect and your questions in detail during your individualized consultation.